Have Ideas on Electronic Permitting? Mecklenburg County Wants to Hear from You!

Mecklenburg County Code Enforcement will hold a Builder/Developer Focus Group early next month to consider ways to move most of its customers to a virtual plan submission and online review process in the months ahead. The meeting will be held on:

Tuesday, August 6,9:00 to 10:30 a.m.The Charlotte Chamber of CommerceBelk Action Center330 S Tryon St., Charlotte

In 2012, the County’s bi-annual survey of Code Enforcement customers revealed a growing gap between customers who are well versed in the permitting and plan approval process and those who are either new to it, or use it infrequently enough that understanding the process is not intuitive. The goal of the Focus Group is to help Code Enforcement officials better understand how to facilitate a smooth transition to an online plan approval and review system.

Some of the questions the group will consider include:

    What drove your business to self service?How do you think Code Enforcement could move 85% of its customers to a virtual business (electronic submittal) format?How will the department handle the the remaining 15%?At what point does even the novice customer pay for service by the hour, assisting them in navigating a fully electronic, self service P&I process?What percent of your customers are online?

If you are interested in participating in the Focus Group, please submit your RSVP to Lourdes Zapata.

Let’s Combine Your Purpose with REBIC’s Power.
Sign Up to Join Our Email List: